Friday, July 29, 2011

Crazy Good

 Is it crazy to want to look this good?

For a long time I have wanted to have this hard of a body, but both I and my life have gotten in the way of that.

Now is the time to make it happen. I am no longer going to let my commitment to myself come second to ANYTHING in my life.

I have done it before. I have gotten up at 4 am and worked out for an hour doing nothing but cardio. Then in the afternoon I would do weights. Yes, I know that is a bit backwards and am planning on switching it up.

I am a strong believer in eating clean. I have decided to not consume any alcohol until my training is complete. I'm not a big drinker anyway, so it won't be hard to live without it.

I also believe that eating well will do 80% of the work for you. You can try all you like to maintain a body like that while eating mcdonald's but it won't happen. Many argue that calories are calories, but wouldn't you rather have actaul food instead of a candy bar? I can not think of anything tastier than a spring lettuce and spinach mix with cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrots, and backed chicked strips. Don't deny yourself either. If you crave say Chicken and Sausage Alfredo like I do, have it, in a small portion. I will start posting recipies that I enjoy both cooking and eating that are easy to make for those who have children, spouses and jobs, but still want to eat well. 

Working out isn't just about looking good. You will feel AMAZING. I have never felt a stronger high than when I nearly kill myself at the gym. The endorphes make me happy, but the satisfaction can not be beaten. I remember my first cycling class like it was yesterday. The burn was so intense, but so was the high. I am a huge fan of cycling, cross fitness, and boot camps. The harder the better. I tried Zumba and it wasn't for me. I do agree that it is fun, but honestly, when I work out I want to WORK OUT. I do not want to dance. I want to tear my muscles to pieces and burn out my lungs. I am a fan of weight training too.

I am a strong believer in weight training, especially for woman. There are a few studies boosting that weight training helps maintian bone density. As we all know women lose bone density after they age, especially after giving birth to several children. I hate hearing mother complain about not having enough time to work out. All you need is 15 minutes. Try it. Try a high intensity interval  for 15 minutes and tell me you aren't sweating. Once you start your body will crave the sweat, the burn, and you will want to give into it. I say go for it. It is a better alternative to giving into the Snickers bar at the check out counter.

One last thought. Don't let anyone EVER tell you that what you are doing is unattainable. That eating clean is stupid, and that not drinking makes you boaring. Focus on what you want and what makes you happy.

Below is an excellent example of interval training.

No comments: